2018 Conductor Seminar
March 18-20 in fargo
with CHRISTOPHER ZIMMERMAN, Music Director of the Fargo-Moorhead Symphony,
Fairfax Symphony Orchestra (VA), and former Artistic Director of the American Youth Philharmonic
and KEVIN SÜTTERLIN, Director of Orchestral Activities at Concordia College in Moorhead, MN, and Music Director of Sinfonietta Memphis
Conduct the FARGO-MOORHEAD SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
and THE CONCORDIA ORCHESTRA
With the Fargo-Moorhead Symphony
- Symphony No. 4 “Italian” – Felix Mendelssohn
With the Concordia Orchestra
- Overture from “Die Fledermaus” – Johann Strauss
- Schelomo – Ernest Bloch (with cello soloist Gregory Hamilton)
Quintet Preparation Sessions
- All three works – String Quintet with Piano Reduction of Winds
- Seminars on score study, conductor/soloist collaboration, bowings, baton technique, healthy-body conducting, two panel discussions – one with FMSO wind and brass players and the other with FMSO concertmaster and string principals – and organizational topics including programming and community engagement
- 30 minutes of individual video analysis with Chris Zimmerman and Kevin Sütterlin
- Receive direct feedback from orchestra members in an informal environment
- “Extravagant Hospitality” including several meals, local transportation by volunteers and more
Seminar fee: $1,200 for conducting participants, $150 for auditors.
More details and a full schedule are included on the Conductor Seminar Announcement.
Applications for this year's seminar are now closed.